May 9, 2008

The garden is the poor man's apothecary. ~German Proverb

The Garden Layout
I tend to go way overboard with everything I do. So of course my first garden is about a ½ acre long and 6 ft deep. I’m not a patient person. I want the entire Garden done the way I want it and I want it done yesterday.
So Michael has been more than tolerant and supportive. He let me tear out his beautiful Grass with a Sod Cutter. Well I guess I shouldn’t say me. He tore out the grass with a manual sod cutter... for me. Then we sodded some of our splochy spots. Then I started to till the ground…. Tilling sux. So my neighbor let Michael use his tiller. So he tilled the ground for me…. sound like I have been doing a Lot of work doesn’t it?? 20 man hours later we are left with this. A pile of dirt!


















I just had to add how Teton feels about the mud hole. She just rolls in it.















These are my Peonies. They are absolutly huge. They are the size of my head and they smell like roses.

3 comments:

April Garvin said...

Hi Kari! I just saw your blog through Alyssa's. I hope you dont mind me taking a look. You guys look happy together. Where are you living? It doesnt look ANYTHING like Vegas. I hope all is going good for you.
April (Pare) Garvin
p.s. i'm not married to Byron :)

Kari Bonadio said...

APRIL!!! Hey Girl! LOL Thats funny that you would say that because that's the first thing that came to mind. Did you marry his brother? LOL that would be so cool. I would love to chat with you more but I can't see your page it's block from the public. Unblock it so I can see your life and email you! :)

West and Darci said...

It's so good to hear from you! How have you been? Yes, we have 3 little ones and are done. Are you guys planning on kids?